Coast Mountains’ schools and the Board of Education Office will be closed on Monday, November 13, 2017 in observance of Remembrance Day, and will re-open as regularly scheduled on Tuesday, November 14.
Remembrance Day assemblies will be held throughout our school district on Friday, November 10.
On this Remembrance Day, we pay tribute to those past and present who served our country with courage and compassion. Lest we forget …
Welcome back to the 2017-2018 school year! The first of two Curriculum Implementation Days for the upcoming school year will be held on Tuesday, September 5. The second Curriculum Implementation Day is planned on Friday, April 13. These days are specifically dedicated to BC’s redesigned K-12 curriculum.
As previously shared, the following Curriculum Implementation Day sessions have been planned in Hazelton, Kitimat, Terrace and Stewart on Tuesday, September 5 … to view the program or “shape of the day” for these venues, please click on the links below:
Hazelton-Kitwanga K-12 Teachers – Hazelton Secondary School
Kitimat K-12 Teachers – Nechako Elementary School
Terrace-Thornhill K-9 – Skeena Middle School
Terrace-Thornhill Grades 10-12 Teachers – Caledonia Secondary School
Stewart K-12 Teachers – Bear Valley School
Should you have further questions or require additional information, please contact your School Principal for assistance.
A friendly reminder… Continue reading
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I would like to welcome the school community to the 2017-2018 School Year! We are looking forward to working with all of you this year on behalf of Coast Mountains learners, and continue to make progress towards our district goals.
Shared Vision …“Coast Mountains School District: creating opportunities for learning, opportunities for life.”
District Goals … Raise literacy and numeracy levels for all of our learners. Graduation for every learner; crossing the stage with dignity, purpose and options. Enhance learner engagement, opportunities and choice through personalized learning.
I look forward to continue leading the way to turn these goals into reality, and I hope you will all join the Board of Education, School District 82 staff and myself in this quest for successful learning.
School Opening … the first day of school will be Wednesday, September 6. … Continue reading
In preparation for the 2017-2018 School Year, please find the School Supply Lists as provided by Coast Mountains School District schools:
- Bear Valley School – 2017-18 Supply List (Kindergarten to Grade 12)
- Ecole Mountainview – 2017-18 Supply List (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Hazelton Secondary School – 2017-18 Supply List (Grades 8 & 9)
- Kildala Elementary School – 2017-18 Supply List (Kindergarten to Grade 6, English & French Programs)
- Kitwanga Elementary School – 2017-18 Supply List (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Majagaleehl Gali Aks Elementary School – 2017-18 Supply Lists (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Mount Elizabeth Middle-Secondary School – 2017-18 Supply List (Grade 7)
- Nechako Elementary School – 2017-18 Supply List (Kindergarten, Grades 1, 2 & 3)
- Nechako Elementary School 2017-18 Supply List (Grades 4, 5 & 6)
- New Hazelton Elementary School – 2017-18 Supply List (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Parkside Secondary School – 2017-18 Supply List… Continue reading