The Parent Advisory Council (P.A.C.) is a committee made up of parents from our school community. The P.A.C. meets monthly throughout the school year to discuss a wide variety of matters including upcoming school activities, events, policies/practices, and fundraising as required. The principal attends each meeting.
The P.A.C meets every second Tuesday of each month in the staff room of Nechako Elementary School. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out when our next meeting will be.
For more information, please contact us either through email: email@example.com or through our Facebook page – Nechako School PAC
To enhance communication within the school community and to promote a positive team effort in order to achieve the most effective education for all students.
- To promote the education and welfare of students in the school
- To encourage parent involvement in the school and to support programs that promote parent involvement
- To advise the school board, principal and staff on any matter relating to the school
- To provide a forum for discussion on educational issues
- To assist the principal and staff in ensuring the highest safety standards are maintained in the school and on school property
- To promote co-operation between the home and the School
- To raise funds, when possible, for school extra-curricular equipment, activities and programs
- To find out more about what is happening in your child’s school and to have some input.
- To meet and get to know other parents and the school staff.
- To feel better connected to your child’s school as a whole, and not just to individual classes.
- To help enhance your child’s educational experience.
- At each meeting, the Principal gives a “School Report”. This report usually includes a summary of past and upcoming events and activities at the school; may address any overall current concerns or issues at the school; updates on staffing changes; seeking parents’ input on the School Plan.
- The PAC Chair will report on new or on-going initiatives being undertaken by the PAC. These may include fund-raising activities to support school events and/or needs (e.g. technology needs, support for cultural activities, development of playground etc.); planning for annual events such as the Holiday Gift Shop, the Grade 6 Yearend trip and Lake Days; ways of enhancing the role of PAC for families.
- The Treasurer presents a monthly financial statement.
- A School Trustee may attend and provide a brief update on Divisional matters.
- An Open Forum is always provided to allow anyone the opportunity to share any general comments, concerns or ask questions. Any specific matters that a parent may have related to them or their child at the school should be brought forward to their individual teacher and/or the Principal. PAC’s role is not to be an advocate for or intervene on behalf of a parent.
Any member of the school community may join PAC. New members are nominated as Directors at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), held each year in September. An executive (Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary) is elected at the first meeting of the PAC, following the AGM. New members are welcome to join at any time throughout the year.
The PAC meets once a month in the staff room of Nechako Elementary School. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out when our next meeting will be.
- Chair: Tom Reynolds
- Vice Chair: Tom Wilkinson
- Treasurer: Erika Loucks
- Secretary: Toni Reinert
- Subway: Stacey Thomschke
- Fundraising: Kim Taylor
- Directors: Pauline Hiebert, Rylie Pritchard, Becky Perrault, Jessica Lee, Sadie Brennan, Samantha Bolton, Tyler Vellacott
- Nonvoting Member: Rick Reinert
Revised and effective September 2020
PAC has a user-friendly form to submit requests for funding. Some examples of funding requests could include; classroom resources and supports, travel funds, clubs, teams, activities, special events, etc. If you would like to volunteer to start up a club, activity, sport and need funding to get started, please print and submit this form in the PAC box, or by email at email@example.com