In partnership with the Coast Mountain School District, this is a program of the Kitimat Child Development Centre
The Community LINK Program is in place at Kildala and Nechako elementary schools and Mount Elizabeth Middle Secondary School.
Each school is staffed with a Community LINK Worker who works closely with the students, families, school principals, school staff and community agencies to deliver the services of the program.
A school-based program that seeks to address emotional, behavioral and social issues that may interfere with a child’s ability to succeed in school, at home and in the community
Nechako School Program Coordinator: Mrs. Rusconi
A school-based program that seeks to address emotional, behavioral and social issues that may interfere with a child’s ability to succeed in school, at home and in the community.
Provides individualized support for students and their families.
Connects students, families, schools and community agencies:
- Integrated case management, where everyone supporting the student is brought together.
- Outreach work to homes and community agencies.
- Transportation to access various resources.
- Strategies to bring families and community agencies into the school.
Coordinates group programs:
- Creates group opportunities for development of self-esteem, assertiveness, communication, social skills, and effective relationship skills. Examples of group programming: , FRIENDS for Life, Kida have Stress Too, Peer Support Programs, Lunch Groups, Homework Room.
Enhances and compliments current services already existing within
the schools and the community:
- Supporting school staff as needed.
- Referrals and support to existing school and community programs.
Continuity of care for students between school, home and community:
- Consistent, on site support.
- An additional safe place to go in the school.
Call the following numbers and ask for the Community LINK Program:
Nechako School: 250-632-2912, Program Coordinator: Mrs. Rusconi
Kildala School: 250-632-6194
Mount Elizabeth Middle Secondary School 250-632-6174
If you are a concerned parent, family member, school staff, social worker, RCMP Officer, or community agent, contact us today.