Coast Mountains School District 82 is pleased to present the following Social Media Awareness & Parenting the Digital World presentations by Safer Schools Together for parents/guardians of school-aged children:
Monday, February 19, 2018
REM Lee Theatre, Terrace – 7pm to 9pm
4920 Straume Avenue – Google map directions: https://goo.gl/maps/N4rze1X7YHq
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Hazelton Secondary School (cafeteria) – 7pm to 9pm
2725 Highway 62 – Google map directions: https://goo.gl/maps/sNmC4ZQuVF82
To view the posters for the Social Media Awareness & Parenting the Digital World presentations, please access the following links:
With society heading in a direction of being constantly connected to technology, what do we need to know as parents to protect our kids and teach them responsible and appropriate use of technology? The parameters of rules and expectations that you put in place at home will undoubtedly guide their behaviour in the years to come. Please join this informative presentation which will cover the following topics and more!
– Social Media Update – The most current apps and trends in their social media lives.
– Pick Your Battles! – You will have to balance the yin with the yang, promote independence whilst taking a strong stance on certain subjects.
– Current Research – Brain development and technology, violent video games.
– Digital Footprint and Reputation – With their future approaching, recruiters and employers are taking note – What will they find? What will they leave behind?
– Tips & Tricks to Use at Home
Please note that registration is not required to attend the presentations.
In addition, due to the large geographical size of our school district limiting parent/guardian participation from the communities of Kitimat, Kitwanga and Stewart, we have received permission from Safer Schools Together to videotape the presentation that will be shared with our School Principals and School PACs for viewing in coming weeks.
Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at the Board of Education Office at (250) 638-4401.